CYPRESS, CA ― April 2019 ― Metcal today announced plans to exhibit with smartTec at SMTconnect, scheduled to take place May 7-9, 2019 at the Nuremberg Messe GmbH in Nuremberg, Germany. Company representatives will demonstrate the Connection Validation (CV) CV-5210 Soldering System with new hand-pieces, BVX-201 Fume Extractor and AC-STC Solder Tip Cleaner in Hall 4, Booth 101. Additionally, smartTec will hold a drawing for a chance to win a CV-5210.
CV Soldering System
Metcal will show its CV-5210 with hand-pieces and assorted cartridges that transform the soldering system into the solution for even the most challenging soldering applications. All of the hand-pieces are now available with a number of unique tip cartridge geometries. The tip cartridges are available in a variety of temperature series.
BVX-201 Fume Extractor
The BVX-201-KIT is a two operator, PRE-HEPA-GAS volume extraction system for solder fume with two BVX-ARML designed to be used adjacent to the workbenches. Features include:
• Two station design for dynamic fume extraction
• New brushless motor, quiet operation
• Complete portability placed under or next to the bench-top
• Fitted with 2x 50 mm (2") ∅ arms or 1x 63 mm (2.5") ∅ arm
• Main filter has a HEPA efficiency of 99.97% at 0.3 micron, and an activated carbon filter to remove additional gases
• Audible alarm informs operators when filters need replacing
• Easy access on/off remote switch
AC-STC Solder Tip Cleaner
Metcal’s innovative Solder Tip Cleaner features a replaceable brush system that pulls excess solder away from the tip into a removable collection tray for disposal while removing oxidation from the tip. Solder tips represent a significant portion of the cost of ownership for a solder station, and Metcal’s new Solder Tip Cleaner removes oxidation and extends the life of the solder tip.
For more information about any of Metcal’s electronics assembly bench tool solutions, visit metcal.com.