Deal Reached for Assembleon PDF Print E-mail
Written by Mike Buetow   
Thursday, 02 December 2010 07:53

VELDHOVEN, NETHERLANDS -- Pick-and-place OEM Assembléon will be bought by a private equity firm.

Royal Philips Electronics announced today that it intends to sell a majority stake in its subsidiary to H2 Equity Partners, an independent private equity firm. H2 Equity Partners will take an 80% stake in the company and Philips will retain the remaining 20% share. No terms were announced.

The deal is subject to director approval and customary regulatory filings.

Assembléon has regional offices in Alpharetta, GA; and Hong Kong and employs just over 400 people.

Last Updated on Thursday, 02 December 2010 08:56
 

Columns

Eastern-US: China’s New Competitor?

Parity emerges among EMS Factories from Asia, Mexico and the US.

For the first time in years we see parity in the Eastern US among EMS factories from Asia, Mexico and the US. This EMS market condition will permit American OEMs (the EMS industry refers to OEMs as customers) to have more EMS pathways to choose from. Now more than ever, such EMS assignments will require deeper investigation relating to the OEMs’ evaluation of manufacturing strategies.

Read more...
 
The Human Touch

For those who count on the electronics industry for big feats, it’s been a remarkable couple of years.

Read more...
 

Features

Advances in Concentration Monitoring and Closed-Loop Control

Contaminated bath water skews refractive index results. New technology can accurately measure aqueous cleaning agent concentration.

Read more...
 
Circuits Disassembly: Materials Characterization and Failure Analysis

A systematic approach to nonconventional methods of encapsulant removal.

Read more...
 

Search

Search

Login

CB Login

Language

Language

English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish
 

Products

Panasonic Debuts PanaCIM Maintenance with Augmented Reality
PanaCIM Maintenance with Augmented Reality software provides instant communication and information to factory technicians -- when and where it is needed -- so they can respond to factory needs more...